Image Processing is a computer science and CBDA course possible to take also in English via independent studying by using a textbook.
Sisältö / Contents
Image processing methods are presented, e.g., image restoration, filtering, compression and segmentation.
Luennot / Lectures (in Finnish)
Maanantaina 11.3. klo 10-12 sali B4113
Tiistaisin 5.3., 12.3., 26.3.-9.4. klo 10-12 sali B4113
Keskiviikkona 6.3.2019 klo 10-12 Pinni A Paavo Koli -sali
Keskiviikkoina 13.3. ja 27.3. klo 10-12 sali Päätalo C6
Keskiviikkoina 3.4. ja 10.4. klo 10-12 sali B3107
Torstaina 7.3.2019 klo 10-12 sali Päätalo C8
Huom! Ei luentoa 19.3. eikä 20.3.2019
Viikoharjoitukset / Weekly assignments (in Finnish)
Torstai klo 8-10 14.3.-11.4. Pinni A3111
Proseduuri / Procedure
- Tietojenkäsittelyopin ja CBDA:n syventävät opinnot. / Advanced study course, 5 ECTS
- 12 luentoa (24 h), Martti Juhola
- 5 viikkoharjoitusta / weekly exercises (10 h), Jyrki Rasku
- Additional scores: when one makes more of all weekly exercises than 30%, additional scores [0,5] are given as follows: ≥30% 0, ≥41% 1, ≥52% 2, ≥63% 3, ≥74% 4, ≥85% 5
- Kurssin suorittaminen / To pass the course: (1) at least 30% of weekly exercises have to be made and (2) the examination with scores of 12 or more from [0,30]
Kurssimaterliaali / Material
3.5. klo 10-14 ja 23.5. klo 16-20 D10a+b (Remember to enroll yourself!)
Huom! / Notes!
(1) Remember to enroll yourself to the course (once opened) via NettiOpsu.
(2) Matlab is needed for weekly assignments. To load Matlab you first need an activation code and obtaining this may take time. (You also need a UTA student account.) To be done via the following link:
(3) Also Python can or is used.
(4) Remember enroll yourself – at least one week before – on the examination (May 3 or 23, 2019).
For the students using English only:
Acquire the following book and read the relevant parts of the book (informed by Martti Juhola) by yourself. Send your solutions for the weekly assignments delivered by email to Jyrki Rasku before each Thursday (March 14, 21, 28, April 4, 11) during the course.
The book: Rafael C. Gonzalez and Richard E. Woods: Digital Image Processing, third edition.