Several data mining methods are presented, as well as their use.
- Advanced study course, 5 ECTS
- 12 lectures (24 h), Martti Juhola
- 5 weekly exercises (10 h), Jyrki Rasku
- Additional scores: when one makes more of all weekly exercises than 30%, additional scores [0,5] are given as follows: ≥30% 0, ≥41% 1, ≥52% 2, ≥63% 3, ≥74% 4, ≥85% 5
- To pass the course: (1) at least 30% of weekly exercises have to be made and (2) the examination with scores of 12 or more from [0,30]
Lectures; Note the updated place of the first lecture!
On Tuesdays at 10-12 on the 16th January, Main Building D10A, and from the 23rd January to the 20th February, Main Building C6
On Wednesdays at 10-12 from the 17th January to the 21st February, Pinni B3107
New! Matlab is used for exercises. Do this quickly:
To load Matlab you first need an activation code and obtaining this may take time. (You also need a UTA student account.) To be done via the following link:
On Thursdays from the 25th January to the 22nd February two groups:
(1) at 12-14, Pinni B3107
(2) at 14-16, Pinni B0016
On the 15th March (class D10a+b, at 16-20) or 6th April (D10a+b, 10-14).
Data etc. for the exercises:
Solutions for weekly exercises: